Jan 3, 2017
2017 has been OK dope so far. Some good things happening, some wishful things that probably won’t become something, and somethings that should have been avoided. Win some, lose most.
So I had some extra time today and I didn’t want to go home in between the gym and tutoring so I stayed at the gym?? First day back to work energy I guess.
- chocolate protein powder
- 1 banana
- almond milk
- 8 oz of fresh brewed coffee
- some cinnamon
- some oats
- some ice
really great…except my body forgot that I don’t like to go to the bathroom during school so you could imagine how I felt all day.
Anyway… I did a leg day again but with really low weight, mostly body, and tried out my resistance bands. It definitely had me huffing and puffing!
- 15 minute run – 12 minutes at 5.5, 2 minutes at 6, 1 minute at 6.5
- wide leg squats with 15 lb dumbbell 5×10
- side walking lunges 5×10 each leg with extra heavy resistance band and 15 lb dumbbell
- regular stance squats with 15 lb dumbbell 5×10 heavy resistance band
- single leg dead lifts with 18 lb body bar 3×10
- side leg lifts 5×10 medium resistance band
- kick backs 5×10 medium resistance band
- duck walks 4×30 steps total heavy resistance band
- glute thrust squats (starting on knees and lifting hips up and forward 20 lb barbell and extra heavy resistance
- sumo squat with calf raise in squat 5×10 18 lb body bar
- hip abductors open & close 5×10 at 60 lbs for each
- ab crunch machine 3×15 with 30 lbs
- 10 minute run – 8 minutes at 5.5, 1 minute at 6.5 1 minute at 7
I got the bands on amazon for less than $10 they rock! Highly recommend. They are also great for days you cannot go to the gym but still want to get a solid burn in.