February 24, 2017
TWO GORGEOUS DAYS and well spent outside.
Yesterday, I took a trip up to Garvies Point in Glen Cove. There is a LI museum there and a preserve. I had to do some research on Native Americans, and took advantage of the 5 mile trail there. Absolutely gorgeous, easy but heart pumping, and a great space to clear the mind.
Today, after spending some time in the Jeep Dealership, I took a 1.84 mile run (about 15 min moving fast) around my neighborhood. Saw my student 3 times -__-
Workout didn’t stop there. Instead of taking the drive to the gym, I did some plyometric workout outside. Can’t resist the sunshine after feeling so not myself the past month or so. It is amazing what a little sunshine and vitamin D can do.
- each exercise done 10 times for 3 rounds no break in between
- set 1
- body weight squats, shoulder width stance
- lateral leg raises
- straight leg kick back
- calf raises
- set 2
- sumo squat with calf raise
- forward crossover kick
- set 3 (5 rounds)
- jump squat up to deck step, jump down
- set 1
- made a protein water mix to hydrate post run and plyo and shook the bottle 10 times on each arm for 5 rounds (added bonus workout why not)
enjoy the sunshine my friends! I hope you find time for a cocktail in there as well.